Saturday, May 17, 2014

Receipts and a pillowcase


So, while I'm still on the quest to try and use up my fabric scraps and stash, I have found a way to also use up those pesky receipts I get everywhere.


I have been making paper foundation fabric strips.


 Then I take the strips and run them through my Accuquilt cutter and make signature blocks with them.


 By adding some white triangles, I am now in the process of making another scrap happy quilt top.


 And if I add another solid besides the white, it adds another dimension to it.


 Still a work in progress, so I don't know yet how it will look all together.



Another quick and easy project I found is the magic pillowcase. It uses up about a yard of fabric, so it's a great stash buster for larger pieces, and goes together in about an hour.




 I don't have a serger, so it was important to me that there were no exposed seams. I don't want it to fray. Definitely going to make more of these!




No comments:

Post a Comment