A year and a half after it began, the I Spy quilt is finished. No room for a decent photo shoot, and the weather was too blustery to go outside, so a simple picture was taken.
Then, it was packaged up and shipped out, due to arrive tomorrow to the recipient (squeal!). I think I am more excited to be sending it than she will be in getting it.
I think this quilt is one of my top five finishes, and I especially enjoyed all the evenings doing the hand quilting. I like to be busy doing something with my hands when I'm sitting on the couch watching TV, and this gave me a project to do.
I also managed to finish up this scrappy quilt top today, made completely from scraps for the blocks, and yardage from my stash for the setting triangles.
There are eighteen of these twelve inch blocks, pieced with half square triangles, cut with my Accuquilt Go. Some of the fabrics shown are leftovers from other quilts, and some were cut from fat quarters. This was a "use whatever I have" project.
I set the blocks on point and used this fun Mardi Gras fabric for the setting triangles. This fabric has been in my stash for many years, as I bought it to do a stack n whack quilt, then lost interest in making it after doing four other stack n whacks in a row. After that, it was just too pretty to cut up, until now. The colors suit this scrappy quilt.