Friday, July 24, 2015

Pattern testing

Someone had written a pattern for a table runner and put a call out for testers. I was one of the lucky ones selected. I received the pattern on a Thursday, and it was to be finished by Monday. I had suggestions right off the hop, just from reading the pattern. I emailed questions, and offered my opinions, even before I'd cut anything or sewn a single stitch. 

Friday I made the top out of fabric that I already had on hand, just bits and scraps. I must admit, the concept of the pattern was wonderful, even if the pattern itself needed a bit of tweaking (in my opinion). And I really like how mine turned out. 

Then it was on to finishing. I tried to just stitch in the ditch, but I didn't like it. It was too plain. I wanted to play with some stitching. So I ripped out my ditch stitching, and watched some free motion videos. 

Pebbles! Better than I could have hoped for! But I had no idea the amount of time and thread this design would use up... I'm better educated now. 

Quilted, bound, and pictures taken. I edited the pattern in areas that I thought needed clarification, or found were not necessary, or some areas were just too "wordy" and submitted it all by the deadline. 

I enjoyed being a pattern tester. I would like to do another, if the opportunity arises.

No comments:

Post a Comment