Tuesday, May 21, 2013

More hydrangea fabric

I must have really loved this hydrangea fabric from Lakehouse when it came out, probably 8-10 years ago. I've made two quilts with it, finished another top, and found this one in my stash, already cut out and just waiting to be sewn together... 



There isn't enough of the pink to finish it (which is maybe why it was put away), but fortunately for me, it is still in print and available, so I can get more down the road.  In the meantime, I located the pattern in my Stack n Whack book, and started assembling what was already cut out. 



 The pattern calls for making half blocks to make it easier to sew in rows, but here is what a whole finished block looks like:




I am a big fan of the kaleidoscope effect of stack n whack quilts. There's enough diamonds cut out for a queen size quilt, so this could potentially keep me busy for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment