Wow, time has gotten away from me, apparently. I didn't realize that it's been over a month since I updated. I have no good excuse, really.
Here's what I've been doing to keep busy:
Playing with hubby's new camera, taking pics of the quilt I finally finished that has found itself at home on my bed. I've grown to love it.
I've been putting together these stack 'n whack blocks that have been in my scrap bin for at least 7 years. I don't know what I had in mind at the time when I cut them up, because the pattern is two sizes: crib or queen. There are enough diamonds to make 3 crib quilts but not enough for one queen; and now that I've sewn them all together, I find that I'm short about 6 sets of the background pink. Not sure if I can get more all these years later. So I've been playing around with different placements, and adding sashings and filler blocks...
These are fabrics that I had in my stash that I've just placed the blocks on top of, to get a feel for the different effects that the different colors make... No decision yet on what I'll do with the blocks, so it's on the back burner again for now.
I joined a local quilt guild on facebook, and at my first meeting we were supposed to do a "scrap vomit" exchange. We were to make up baggies of 50 squares of fabric at 2-1/2" each. I was so excited that I made up 8 bags! ... and reminisced about where I've used these fabrics, and how I enjoyed making I spy quilts back in the day...Alas, the meeting was cancelled due to the massive local flooding, so now my fabric sits in the car waiting for the next meeting... But in the meantime, I've thrown together another top:
The pattern alternates 5-1/2" finished blocks of I Spy fabrics with hourglass blocks. And I've come up with an idea for the border that will incorporate some "search parameters" for the game.
Left over white fabric cut into 1-1/2" strips and fabric markers. Not sure yet how I'm going to arrange them, but it'll all come together somehow...