Tuesday, April 1, 2014
You might remember from an earlier post that I used my Accuquilt Go to cut up the smallest pieces I had in my scrap drawer. I randomly pieced them together into blocks, not caring what color they were or if they matched. I just sewed. Then I put the blocks up on the wall and had a look:
Wow! That's a little too busy to me and my eyes. I had some leftover gray from the last top I put together, so used it to sash the blocks on two sides.
Then I arranged them in a way that I didn't have to match up seam lines, except for along rows, and went to town, putting them together.
Ahh... That's better. Still bright and busy, but not overwhelming. I opted to leave out the larger 4" blocks, for now, although I may still incorporate them into a border. I don't think this one is finished yet...