Saturday, April 26, 2014

Ten fat quarters

I just love how my accuquilt cutter slashes the time required to make blocks. The pieces cut accurately, so they fit together accurately, and piecing is a breeze. Plus, did I mention how much faster it is to cut this way?

I picked eight fat quarters from my stash and added two more from my local quilt shop, for a total of ten. (Did I mention that I'm trying to use up my stash?) I cut them up using the signature die and the coordinating half square triangle.

Then it was just a matter of sewing together the blocks.


 I love how the seams just match perfectly...



And the size of the block is exact, even when sewing on the bias like this one...




 Without borders, just right for a baby quilt at 40x45".  This will definitely be on my "do it again" list.

1 comment:

  1. it didn't take you long to make the quilt top either.

    ReplyDelete