My type A personality won... The I Spy quilt isn't done yet... If I have to debate whether or not it's finished, I should just realize that means there's more to do.
So I made more word blocks and lined the bottom of the quilt, so now the search words are along the left and on the bottom.
Then I added a solid purple to the top, and appliqued these letters. I've only done applique once before, and that was many years ago, but from this distance it looks just fine. Definitely something to practice for future projects.
One more side border to put on, then it will be ready to finish.... finally. I'm thinking I might tie this one...