Friday, September 27, 2013

I could do that

I saw a picture of a scrappy block on Pinterest, without a pattern, and thought, I could do that. It doesn't look so hard...  So I did.

(Does the fabric look familiar? I was going through the stacks of little containers on my sewing table, trying to make room, and came across a shoe box with a bunch of 2 1/2" squares of hydrangea fabric, leftover from my mom's quilt.)

I easily pieced it together by using 2 blocks: a 4 patch of the print, and a 4 1/2" square of the solid with 2 1/2" squares sewn diagonally on its corners. 

After I figured it out, I went in search of what it might be called, and found an even easier way to piece it, here, if you were going to make it as a whole quilt. It says to make a 16 patch block and an X block, and alternate them. I don't think I have enough squares for a whole quilt, but I could make a few more of these and put them together as pillows, or maybe a baby blanket or couch quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment